Bring most organic traffic to your website with these SEO tips
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of increasing the visibility of a website in search engine result pages (SERPs). It is one of the most important factors that decides whether your website is accessible to your target audience or not in major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
As per estimates, over 65 per cent of the total organic search result clicks go to top 5 results and over 70 per cent users never go beyond first page. It is therefore becomes a necessity for every organization to deploy best SEO practices in order to make their websites visible to millions of Internet users seeking information related to their business domains.
Below mentioned are the top 10 SEO techniques that could help a website ranks higher in search engine result pages:
1. Keyword Research: Before planning an online campaign, the first and the foremost thing is to identify the most popular keywords related to your business domain. There are several online tools like Google AdWords, Wordstream, etc. that can help you find effective keywords on the basis of which you can develop your website. Relevant keywords enable a website to get a jump-start in search engine result pages.
2. Backlinks: Backlinks are incoming links to a web page. High quality backlinks enhance the credibility of a website and ensure web pages to rank higher in major search engine results. There are many ways to get relevant backlinks to the website that include submission of informative articles on web directories, participation in online discussions, content sharing on social networking sites and guest posting, etc.
3. Internal Links: While it is important to create backlinks for a website to index it better in search engines, it is equally essential to build internal links that could navigate users to different pages across a website conveniently. Creating internal links not only improve user experience but also boost PageRank by letting search engines know that your website has lots of valid content.
4. Sitemaps: A sitemap allows web crawlers to easily find all the pages of your website and make them available for search engines. It is a file that carries information about all the URLs on a website which are available for crawling. Sitemaps make it easier for users and search engines to find a particular web page quickly and efficiently, hence reduce the number of clicks and time for loading.
5. Relevant Content: Content is the backbone of any website. The information provided on a website helps readers to know about your company and other relevant details. The content should be written keeping in mind the targeted keywords to make the website search engine friendly. It should be relevant to the topic discussed, easily readable and provide complete information.
6. Optimise Meta Tags: Meta tags are HTML codes that describe the content on a web page. The two most important meta tags are keywords and description. The description meta tag is the information that users read below the content title on the search engine result pages. It should consist of one or two relevant keywords and looks like a sentence to encourage readers click on the searched links.
7. Use Alt Tags for Images: While crawlers do easy search for content, they use alt tags to get relevant information about the images published on a web page. Alt tags provide web crawlers with relevant description of an image, so that it doesn’t miss out while indexing. Using alt tags for images improve search engine ranking of a web page.
8. Social media: While social media doesn’t come under SEO, it’s an important aspect that could generate much lead to a website. Social media includes various real time platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google+, Instagram, Tumbler, Pinterest and other blogging sites through which one can directly connect with his/her target audience. Social media channels help companies to build trust among their target audience.
9. Include Keywords In Your Domain Name: Relevant keywords in your site’s domain name increases its credibility and help search engines to index it faster. Domain names with relevant keywords help readers to identify the topics which are covered in the websites. Avoid using too many keywords in the domain name as it could lead your site looks like a spam to search engines.
10. Use Keywords In Your Headings: Headings are the first thing that search engines and readers get attracted to while searching relevant content over the Internet. Page titles are also the favorites of web crawlers. It is therefore advised to use one or two keywords in your headings which are relevant to the content on the page and provide appropriate search engines targeting.
Mr. Yogesh Sharma, co-founder & CEO at Mamsys Consulting Services Ltd., one of the leading Search Engine Optimization Services provider companies says, “The importance of acquiring first page ranking in search engine result pages led companies deploy various tools and tactics on their websites. While search engines change their algorithm for listing websites constantly, the above mentioned SEO tips are considered the backbone of any online campaign.” (more…)
In the simplest term, Digital Marketing Strategy is a planned activity that tells an organization about what is working and what isn’t for its target audience in the cyber space. Digital Marketing is everything we do to promote our brand, products and services through electronic/digital channels. It gives us second-by-second information about our audiences’ profile, their needs and what exactly they are looking for over the Internet. Digital Marketing differs from traditional way of marketing as it uses faster ways of communication and helps us serve our customers in the most effective way.
It’s very important for any organization to formulate an effective Digital Marketing Strategy to engage with its various stakeholders more appropriately. A well-planned Digital Marketing Strategy helps an organization to utilize maximum available resources and save time and expenditure on media optimization and other marketing tools. It offers multiple ways to deliver online services to your new and existing customers and increase your digital share.
READ ALSO: Top 10 SEO Techniques to Focus On in 2015
Digital Marketing space is expanding rapidly, and you can’t take risk of leaving it behind. Without a clearly defined Digital Marketing Strategy for your company, you may lose a huge pie of your online market share and existing customers to your competitors. Digital Marketing Strategy helps you integrate various technologies and digital platforms such as websites, E-mails, social networks and other optimization tools, to offer a unified user experience to your target audience. It also prevents wastage of resources and manpower of your company with the help of proper planning and execution.
There are several digital marketing companies, like Mamsys Consulting Services Ltd., which help brands to optimize their digital marketing performance. These companies offer most advanced e-Marketing strategies to complex business problems and deliver robust solutions to organizations that enable them to have best online experience with their consumers.
Mr. Yogesh Sharma, Co-founder and CEO at Mamsys Consulting Services Ltd., says – “In today’s digital world, it’s not enough to just engage with your audience; you need to interact with them better than anybody else. Digital Marketing has become such a huge platform for companies and brands that they often seen in a hurry to initiate their digital marketing campaigns without formulating an effective digital marketing strategy. To avoid this situation, planning a Digital Marketing Strategy becomes a foremost step for any organization to build its online presence.”