In today’s era of innovation, it is very important to present your ideas and business aesthetically. Whether you are designing a website of your own or designing it for a client, it is essential to have an eye-catching design with lots of relevant information in place.
The Internet today is ready to offer you with a plethora of design options. Some come for free while some pinches your pocket. Of some readily available software that you might want to consider when designing a website, WordPress is a good choice. It comes with various themes and plugins of its own which you can customize to fit your needs.
Now the very important question – what you should consider when you are choosing a WordPress theme? While there can be long list for you as per your needs but the following basics can be considered by all WordPress users as a checklist.
Who are my customers? How interesting and user-friendly I want to make my website? What kind of content shall I be presenting? These are some of the key questions that you should ask yourself. The world has moved from desktops to handhelds and you must consider all such tech geeks for whom the world is in their smartphone and tablets.
Watch for those feature-heavy options of themes. Do you really them? Or you want to customize accordingly. A wise choice here will save you a lot on your after -efforts
When you have zeroed down on a particular theme, you should now check for the usage and compatibility around the various plugins that come from third party vendor. While all of them should work seamlessly, it is always advisable to do your research well. Also check how compatible different plugin are that are offered as the part of theme, with other plugins you need to use, when you have chosen for a paid or a premium theme.
You will come across a wide option of free themes. But if you are designing something to call your own, look at shelling out some extra bucks for that great looking and awesome premium theme. Choosing a premium customizable theme may save you a lot from hiring a developer. Also look out for after sales support that might be less impressive when you choose a free theme. Moreover considering auto updates and how they will impact your choice is also crucial.
Read Also: How To Secure Your WordPress Website
Once you have made your choice for a paid theme, now it’s time to see the payment options. You will have many options – onetime for some bulk themes, recurring payment when you buy as you require them or you are offered a membership availing which you can choose from a wide array of themes. A one-time payment theme with free future upgrades is the most popular choice.
Check reviews by other users. Once you read reviews, you would understand the facts. This would definitely prove to be of great help in taking the decision. Better to choose someone reputed in the industry rather than relying upon some stranger.
You may want to do some quick checks on your browser before blindly trusting the seller, when it comes to Search Engine Optimization friendliness of the theme. Just make sure that you look out for a theme that is SEO optimized. You can also hire Expert Seo Services to get the optimized theme for your company
Keywords used to be the dominant force in the world of SEO. It’s a common practice to fill web pages with keyword-rich content and let Google and other search engines find you most relevant when searched over the Internet. While keyword selection still plays a major part in the SEO process, search engines algorithms and guidelines have changed now.
Search engines bots are far more complex and intelligent than ever before. They know how to distinguish between a high-quality content website and a website enriched with only keywords. The concept of writing keyword-rich copies is practically dead; you will either get penalized or your readers will get distracted by the poor presentation of content.
READ ALSO: Top 10 SEO Techniques to Focus On in 2015
An expert advice from Mr. Yogesh Sharma, Co-founder & CEO at Mamsys Consultancy Services (P) Ltd., one of the leading digital marketing services providing company in Delhi NCR, is, “Instead of trying to find and use the most-searched keywords for your SEO campaign, focus on content relevancy and other more important on-site optimization factors to improve your website traffic.”
1. Write for humans and search engines will understand by themselves: The nature of on-site analysis by major search engines has fundamentally changed. Earlier, while web crawlers used to focus on main keywords for comparing web pages, they are now interpreting long phrases for the identification of web content. Instead of writing keyword-rich copies, focus on what makes sense for your business and brand.
2. Structure your web pages and improve navigation of your site: Web crawlers love to float on perfectly-structured websites with smooth coding and well-designed web pages. The better navigation your site has, the better are its chances to rank higher on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). Ensure your site is comprised of clear navigation, sub-menus, well-indexed sitemap and traditional standby pages like Contact, About Us and Services pages. A well-structured website ranks higher than a site with poor internal linking.
3. Improve your site loading time and security: Site speed and security are important factors that search engines have started recognizing with increasing competition and user access on numerous devices. Maximize your site speed by implementing a clean caching system, reducing the size of images and removing unnecessary clutter in your back end. You can improve your site security with SSL encryption and boost your rankings in major search engines.
4. Optimize your site for mobile devices: Your content won’t attract search engines, if your site isn’t mobile-optimized. Google has recently unleashed a major update ‘Mobilegeddon’ that decides the mobile-friendliness of a website. This is a clear indication that the sites which aren’t optimized for mobile users are going to be harshly penalized by search engines. Mobile optimization also increases the reach of your website to the target audience.
5. Frequently update content on your website: Search engines do not just focus on the quality of your content but also how fresh and relevant it is to the present context. Older information doesn’t get the same respect from search engines as the new content does. Frequent updates on your expert topics also help Google and other search engines to recognize you as an “authority” for the given topics and rank your website higher in search results.
Talking about the future of SEO practices, Mr. Yogesh Sharma says, “Webmasters should focus on writing high-quality, unique content for their websites, instead of worrying about keywords. While finding top performing keywords and phrases are important for your business, don’t formulate strategies completely revolving around the implementation of these keywords. Instead, focus on the on-site optimization factors and offer better user-experiences to the readers.”