Keywords used to be the dominant force in the world of SEO. It’s a common practice to fill web pages with keyword-rich content and let Google and other search engines find you most relevant when searched over the Internet. While keyword selection still plays a major part in the SEO process, search engines algorithms and guidelines have changed now.
Search engines bots are far more complex and intelligent than ever before. They know how to distinguish between a high-quality content website and a website enriched with only keywords. The concept of writing keyword-rich copies is practically dead; you will either get penalized or your readers will get distracted by the poor presentation of content.
READ ALSO: Top 10 SEO Techniques to Focus On in 2015
An expert advice from Mr. Yogesh Sharma, Co-founder & CEO at Mamsys Consultancy Services (P) Ltd., one of the leading digital marketing services providing company in Delhi NCR, is, “Instead of trying to find and use the most-searched keywords for your SEO campaign, focus on content relevancy and other more important on-site optimization factors to improve your website traffic.”
1. Write for humans and search engines will understand by themselves: The nature of on-site analysis by major search engines has fundamentally changed. Earlier, while web crawlers used to focus on main keywords for comparing web pages, they are now interpreting long phrases for the identification of web content. Instead of writing keyword-rich copies, focus on what makes sense for your business and brand.
2. Structure your web pages and improve navigation of your site: Web crawlers love to float on perfectly-structured websites with smooth coding and well-designed web pages. The better navigation your site has, the better are its chances to rank higher on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). Ensure your site is comprised of clear navigation, sub-menus, well-indexed sitemap and traditional standby pages like Contact, About Us and Services pages. A well-structured website ranks higher than a site with poor internal linking.
3. Improve your site loading time and security: Site speed and security are important factors that search engines have started recognizing with increasing competition and user access on numerous devices. Maximize your site speed by implementing a clean caching system, reducing the size of images and removing unnecessary clutter in your back end. You can improve your site security with SSL encryption and boost your rankings in major search engines.
4. Optimize your site for mobile devices: Your content won’t attract search engines, if your site isn’t mobile-optimized. Google has recently unleashed a major update ‘Mobilegeddon’ that decides the mobile-friendliness of a website. This is a clear indication that the sites which aren’t optimized for mobile users are going to be harshly penalized by search engines. Mobile optimization also increases the reach of your website to the target audience.
5. Frequently update content on your website: Search engines do not just focus on the quality of your content but also how fresh and relevant it is to the present context. Older information doesn’t get the same respect from search engines as the new content does. Frequent updates on your expert topics also help Google and other search engines to recognize you as an “authority” for the given topics and rank your website higher in search results.
Talking about the future of SEO practices, Mr. Yogesh Sharma says, “Webmasters should focus on writing high-quality, unique content for their websites, instead of worrying about keywords. While finding top performing keywords and phrases are important for your business, don’t formulate strategies completely revolving around the implementation of these keywords. Instead, focus on the on-site optimization factors and offer better user-experiences to the readers.”
Facebook has become a major social media platform to interact with the target audience and promote products and services. There are more than 1.4 billion people logging on to their Facebook accounts every month. While companies are spending a separate amount of their marketing budget on Facebook advertisement, we bring to you the top 6 strategies to increase your reach on Facebook with zero Ad spend.
It’s okay to have a little fun on your otherwise serious looking Facebook marketing page. Show readers the funny side of your company or brand; put some humorous or funny post every now and then, and see the audience feedback. Funny posts are the great source of engagement for people sitting on the other side of those screens.
People love to read step-by-step guide or tutorial for how a thing should be done. This relieves them from the painstaking task of doing something and also encourages engagement. You can write a small blog on how to do something and give a link on your Facebook page. Not just engagement, the post will provide you free blog traffic as well.
There are thousands of people who want to feel smart over Facebook and love brain teasers. Put interesting mathematical tricks, puzzles or simple general knowledge questions, and see how people love to answer them. You can also put an award for the best entries and boost your online engagement.
Identify a common problem or a challenge that your audience faced in day-to-day life and share a tip for solving that. Educate people while positioning yourself as an expert for a particular field. People will love to revisit your page and start to count on you for the updated information. They would also love to share your posts with their family and friends to create maximum awareness.
Once in a week, put a post where you give opportunity to people to tag their Facebook Fan Page in the comments section. This will help them promote their own Facebook profiles, pages and topics of their interest. In return, ask for likes, comments and sharing of your posts on their profiles.
Related: 5 Ways To Optimize Facebook Posts
Remember the first point – Be relatable! Your online community would love to read ‘humanizing’ posts from your end. You can write few posts related to sexual violence, tobacco use or child trafficking. Inform your audience and create awareness about these issues. Not just this will improve your brand image but also boost your Facebook traffic.
Mr. Yogesh Sharma, Co-founder and CEO at Mamsys, one of the leading digital marketing services provider companies says, “Grab the attention of your target audience by using high quality content, images and info-graphics in your Facebook posts. A well thought-out campaign for Facebook promotion helps in engaging the target audience and to better promote products and services.”
Twitter has recently announced the launch of its Direct Messages (DMs) service that will enable all users to send and receive private messages without the need of following. The social giant has said that it’s trying to create a platform where one can send and receive private messages from a Twitter user without the need of becoming a follower.
Twitter is one of the most popular social network that enables millions of individuals, companies and brands to communicate and share their views on unlimited topics. It’s a social media platform that is widely used to connect, market products and provide customer services.
Earlier, Twitter users can send private messages only to their followers. But after the launch of DM service, there’s no need for sender or receiver to follow each other in order to communicate.
Direct Messages (DMs) service will help enterprises to provide better customer support to individuals and interact with them one-on-one. It will also allow Twitter users to reply to all DMs irrespective of whether they are following all the senders or not. Twitter has also upgraded its application by putting a new Direct Message button on the profiles of Twitter users who have opted to receive direct messages from other people.
The new service will help businesses to communicate directly and privately to consumers without any hassle of following request. The service will enable better customer support, complaint redressal service and exchange of personal and private information between brands and the target audience.
Mr. Yogesh Sharma, Co-founder & CEO at Mamsys Consulting Services Ltd. says, “While DM service is helpful to brands and companies using Digital Marketing Strategy, it may also put an additional burden on them with uncontrolled flow of messages that could create a customer experience problem. It is therefore important to carefully examine whether there’s a need of opening a Twitter account to Direct Messages service or wait for some more time.”
For any website to rank higher in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs), it’s a common practice to employ paid link tactics and exchange programs to bolster its position. Paid-for links and exchange programs are black hat SEO techniques where a webmaster buys a backlink to his website from a better ranked and authoritative website to improvise search engine results. While search engines have issued several guidelines and modified their rules on paid links, webmasters still find a way to keep their websites at the top of SERPs by leveraging false tactics.
Google’s webmaster guideline on paid links is very clear – “don’t do it” – that suggests if you do it without getting caught, you will be successful. Even the biggest of white hat website owners who have unique, quality content on their sites indulge in the practice of paid-for links and exchange programs in order to secure better rankings in SERPs. While search engines have made it very clear that excessive link exchanges can negatively impact a site’s performance, webmasters know they need great backlinks to stay at the top.
Paid links are easier to find than generating good, high quality content. Even so search engines have employed some significant human effort and resources to identify and eliminate paid links, it’s still not easier for them to clear the space for fair competition. Site owners and business operators mix paid links with lots of good, solid and natural-looking links that makes it very difficult for search engines to identify the illegitimate links and take cognizance. There are other practices too that paid-links provider companies follow like not listing the details of publishers or clients publicly, frequently updating their code for installation and choice of anchor texts.
Businesses and big corporates need backlinks that point directly to their product or service pages. Even if you’re writing great, unique content for a website, it’s extremely difficult to get natural links from other websites that point to your sales landing page. It is at this time, when even most-trusted brands hire paid-for links and exchange program services to rank well in search engine result pages and led their target audience to webpages that matter most to their businesses.
Mr. Yogesh Sharma, Co-Founder & CEO at Mamsys Consulting Services Ltd. says, There’s always a continuous fight between webmasters and search engines on paid links, and the trend is going to continue further for at least the next few years. While search engines keep modifying their rules and guidelines on how a site should rank in SERPs, webmasters keep dodging search engine analytics to stay at the top.
Mr. Yogesh Sharma recommends webmasters to write good, quality content for their websites and share it on various social media sites. This will earn natural links from other website owners who may find the content unique and informative. Relevance and purposefulness are the two essentials that should be clearly visible through content to reap the benefits. It may take some time for Google and other search engines to rank your website higher in search engine result pages. However, you will definitely get a consistent rank that won’t change with new webmaster guidelines or rules. You can also hire Search Engine Optimization Services offered by reputed digital marketing company to achieve better rankings in SERPs.
Bring most organic traffic to your website with these SEO tips
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of increasing the visibility of a website in search engine result pages (SERPs). It is one of the most important factors that decides whether your website is accessible to your target audience or not in major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
As per estimates, over 65 per cent of the total organic search result clicks go to top 5 results and over 70 per cent users never go beyond first page. It is therefore becomes a necessity for every organization to deploy best SEO practices in order to make their websites visible to millions of Internet users seeking information related to their business domains.
Below mentioned are the top 10 SEO techniques that could help a website ranks higher in search engine result pages:
1. Keyword Research: Before planning an online campaign, the first and the foremost thing is to identify the most popular keywords related to your business domain. There are several online tools like Google AdWords, Wordstream, etc. that can help you find effective keywords on the basis of which you can develop your website. Relevant keywords enable a website to get a jump-start in search engine result pages.
2. Backlinks: Backlinks are incoming links to a web page. High quality backlinks enhance the credibility of a website and ensure web pages to rank higher in major search engine results. There are many ways to get relevant backlinks to the website that include submission of informative articles on web directories, participation in online discussions, content sharing on social networking sites and guest posting, etc.
3. Internal Links: While it is important to create backlinks for a website to index it better in search engines, it is equally essential to build internal links that could navigate users to different pages across a website conveniently. Creating internal links not only improve user experience but also boost PageRank by letting search engines know that your website has lots of valid content.
4. Sitemaps: A sitemap allows web crawlers to easily find all the pages of your website and make them available for search engines. It is a file that carries information about all the URLs on a website which are available for crawling. Sitemaps make it easier for users and search engines to find a particular web page quickly and efficiently, hence reduce the number of clicks and time for loading.
5. Relevant Content: Content is the backbone of any website. The information provided on a website helps readers to know about your company and other relevant details. The content should be written keeping in mind the targeted keywords to make the website search engine friendly. It should be relevant to the topic discussed, easily readable and provide complete information.
6. Optimise Meta Tags: Meta tags are HTML codes that describe the content on a web page. The two most important meta tags are keywords and description. The description meta tag is the information that users read below the content title on the search engine result pages. It should consist of one or two relevant keywords and looks like a sentence to encourage readers click on the searched links.
7. Use Alt Tags for Images: While crawlers do easy search for content, they use alt tags to get relevant information about the images published on a web page. Alt tags provide web crawlers with relevant description of an image, so that it doesn’t miss out while indexing. Using alt tags for images improve search engine ranking of a web page.
8. Social media: While social media doesn’t come under SEO, it’s an important aspect that could generate much lead to a website. Social media includes various real time platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google+, Instagram, Tumbler, Pinterest and other blogging sites through which one can directly connect with his/her target audience. Social media channels help companies to build trust among their target audience.
9. Include Keywords In Your Domain Name: Relevant keywords in your site’s domain name increases its credibility and help search engines to index it faster. Domain names with relevant keywords help readers to identify the topics which are covered in the websites. Avoid using too many keywords in the domain name as it could lead your site looks like a spam to search engines.
10. Use Keywords In Your Headings: Headings are the first thing that search engines and readers get attracted to while searching relevant content over the Internet. Page titles are also the favorites of web crawlers. It is therefore advised to use one or two keywords in your headings which are relevant to the content on the page and provide appropriate search engines targeting.
Mr. Yogesh Sharma, co-founder & CEO at Mamsys Consulting Services Ltd., one of the leading Search Engine Optimization Services provider companies says, “The importance of acquiring first page ranking in search engine result pages led companies deploy various tools and tactics on their websites. While search engines change their algorithm for listing websites constantly, the above mentioned SEO tips are considered the backbone of any online campaign.” (more…)
In the simplest term, Digital Marketing Strategy is a planned activity that tells an organization about what is working and what isn’t for its target audience in the cyber space. Digital Marketing is everything we do to promote our brand, products and services through electronic/digital channels. It gives us second-by-second information about our audiences’ profile, their needs and what exactly they are looking for over the Internet. Digital Marketing differs from traditional way of marketing as it uses faster ways of communication and helps us serve our customers in the most effective way.
It’s very important for any organization to formulate an effective Digital Marketing Strategy to engage with its various stakeholders more appropriately. A well-planned Digital Marketing Strategy helps an organization to utilize maximum available resources and save time and expenditure on media optimization and other marketing tools. It offers multiple ways to deliver online services to your new and existing customers and increase your digital share.
READ ALSO: Top 10 SEO Techniques to Focus On in 2015
Digital Marketing space is expanding rapidly, and you can’t take risk of leaving it behind. Without a clearly defined Digital Marketing Strategy for your company, you may lose a huge pie of your online market share and existing customers to your competitors. Digital Marketing Strategy helps you integrate various technologies and digital platforms such as websites, E-mails, social networks and other optimization tools, to offer a unified user experience to your target audience. It also prevents wastage of resources and manpower of your company with the help of proper planning and execution.
There are several digital marketing companies, like Mamsys Consulting Services Ltd., which help brands to optimize their digital marketing performance. These companies offer most advanced e-Marketing strategies to complex business problems and deliver robust solutions to organizations that enable them to have best online experience with their consumers.
Mr. Yogesh Sharma, Co-founder and CEO at Mamsys Consulting Services Ltd., says – “In today’s digital world, it’s not enough to just engage with your audience; you need to interact with them better than anybody else. Digital Marketing has become such a huge platform for companies and brands that they often seen in a hurry to initiate their digital marketing campaigns without formulating an effective digital marketing strategy. To avoid this situation, planning a Digital Marketing Strategy becomes a foremost step for any organization to build its online presence.”